Dynabook warrants products delivered with a 1 year free of charge standard warranty to be free from defects in hardware components and/or workmanship. The Dynabook limited warranty commences on the original date of purchase and includes a carry-in or send-in warranty service and in some countries, a pick-up & return warranty service. You will find the latest standard warranty terms and conditions by product below.
- Dynabook Laptops, dynaEdge Mobile Mini PCs and dynaEdge Viewers are covered with 1 year standard warranty, valid from the date of purchase, within EMEA.
Limited Warranty for Laptops and dynaEdge Mobile Mini PCs
Limited Warranty for dynaEdge Viewer AR100
- The following Dynabook Laptop Accessories and dynaEdge Accessories are covered with 1 year standard warranty, valid from the date of purchase, within EMEA.
Limited Warranty for DE-100 Battery Charger
Limited Warranty for Docking Devices
Limited Warranty for USB Type-C Adapters
Limited Warranty for Travel Keyboard/Keyboard Dock (X30T)
Limited Warranty for Optical Disc Drives
Limited Warranty for Mice
Limited Warranty for Keyboard & Mouse Combo KL50M
Limited Warranty for Dynabook USB-C Car Charger
- Registration of your product will help Dynabook provide you with a faster service.
- Your registration allows you to benefit from updates about new products, special offers and driver updates so you get the most out of your Dynabook product.
- Your registration will ensure your coverage starting from the date of purchase of your Dynabook product.
- Some Dynabook laptops even come with a free warranty extension through registration.
- + What are pixels and subpixels?
Your Dynabook LCD display consists of numerous tiny dots called picture elements, or simply pixels. A full pixel consists of three subpixels in the colours red, green and blue (RGB).
- + What do the abbreviations TFT and CSV mean?
All Dynabook LCD displays are either built with the state-of-the-art Thin Film Transistor (TFT) or with the ultra bright Clear Super View (CSV) technology ensuring a brilliant and razor sharp image.
- + Does Dynabook abide by any specific regulation regarding pixel faults?
Yes, Dynabook's quality control for LCD screens is based on the strict ISO 9241-307 (Fault Class II) standard.
- + What types of pixel faults might I encounter?
1. Hot pixel: A full pixel is permanently turned on.
2. Dead pixel: A full pixel is permanently turned off.
3. Partial subpixel defect: Depending on the subpixel being turned on or off, there can be either a coloured dot (red, green or blue) or a black dot.
- + What is the maximum acceptable number of pixel faults?
Please refer to the chart below to find the maximum permissible number your Dynabook LCD display can exhibit:
- + How can I find out which screen model I have?
Simply view the technical information of your product to detect the kind of screen you own. Please be aware that one screen model can have different resolutions, for example the HD+ screen can have a 1600 x 900 or 1680 x 945 resolution.
- + What is a screen resolution?
The display resolution is the number of distinct pixels that can be displayed in the screen’s dimensions width and height. In the table under "What is the maximum acceptable number of pixel faults?" you find the different resolutions in brackets. For example a screen with a 1024 x 600 resolution means there are 1024 rows and 600 columns of pixels. Thus the screen consists of a total of 614400 pixels which are almost 2 million sub-pixels.
- + What am I to do if I find more pixel faults on my screen than are acceptable?
If you discover more pixel faults, regardless of their type, you are entitled to make a warranty claim. In such cases, please contact the Dynabook Support Centre or your preferred Dynabook authorised service provider in order to make a warranty claim.
- + Why should I register?
Your registration will help us to provide you with quick and easy service should your product be in need of a repair. To register your product, click here.
- + What information do I need when registering my product?
Please be ready to provide the serial number of your product. You can find the serial number attached to your Dynabook product, e.g. on the bottom. Your product can be registered here.
- + Where can I check my warranty status?
Once your registration details have been received by Dynabook, the warranty status can be checked here at any time. Please note that it will take up to 5 working days until the warranty status might be updated.
- + How long does the standard warranty last?
All Dynabook Laptops, dynaEdge Mobile Mini PCs and dynaEdge Viewers are covered by a twelve (12) months carry-in warranty.
- + Is there an option to extend the standard warranty?
Dynabook offers a wide range of services that fit your individual needs. With a Warranty Extension Service you can extend your standard warranty up to 4 years. Further, plenty of our other services, like On-site Repair Services, include a Warranty Extension as well. Please click here to find the perfect service for you.
- + When does the standard warranty coverage begin?
The standard warranty is valid from the date of purchase of your product. Your dated sales or delivery receipt showing the date of purchase of the product is your proof of purchase. You may be required to provide proof of purchase as a condition of receiving warranty service.
- + How long does the standard warranty cover batteries?
The warranty of batteries of being free from defects in hardware or workmanship is limited to a maximum of twelve (12) months due to the nature of the item.
- + What is covered by the standard warranty?
Dynabook warrants any Dynabook Laptop, dynaEdge Mobile Mini PC and/or dynaEdge Viewer first sold to an end user (original purchase) to be free from defects in hardware components and/or workmanship during the warranty period.
- + Is the standard warranty transferable?
No, the warranty is only valid for the product you have bought and registered.
- + What is not covered by the standard warranty?
The limited warranty does not apply to:
1. defects caused by normal wear and tear including the fair wear of consumable parts, i.e. parts that require periodic replacement during the normal course of product usage (e.g. batteries);
2. breaks, tears, scratches, dents, scratched or faded covers or plastics and broken ports or any other cosmetic damage;
3. defective or discoloured keyboards or keycaps if the damages are caused by fluids, dirt, missing keys, broken plastic parts or improper use;
4. damage caused by use with another product;
5. use of the product other than for its normal intended use, including without limitation, failure to use the product in accordance with the user’s manual that accompanies the product;
6. damage caused by accident, abuse, contamination, misuse, viruses, liquid contact, fire, earthquake, improper or inadequate maintenance or calibration, negligence to the product or other external causes;
7. environmental damages and/or defects resulting from smoke, dust, dirt, carbon black or other external influences;
8. a Dynabook product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of Dynabook;
9. products where the serial number has been removed, damaged, rendered defective or made illegible;
10. modification of the product including defects caused by use of parts not manufactured and/or sold by Dynabook;
11. improper installation of third-party products (e.g. memory cards);
12. displays that show breaks, scratches, dents, liquids or any other damage resulting from improper use of the display;
13. minor pixel defects of LCD displays occurring in products equipped with LCD display technology. For more information on defective LCD displays, please see the “Pixel Policy for Laptops”;
14. damages resulting from improper transportation or packing when returning the product to Dynabook or a Dynabook authorised service provider;
15. issues resulting from parts intended for one product installed in another product of different manufacturer or model;
16. damages caused by services/repairs or other modifications to the product carried out by anyone other than Dynabook or a Dynabook authorised service provider;
17. damages caused by self-repair or by performing an exchange of non-CRU parts on your own;
18. defective hardware components (e.g. hard drive) that result from misuse of the product;
19. any preinstalled software, its quality, performance, merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose;
20. the loss of or damage to any program, data or removable storage media and/or any software program, whether provided with the system or installed subsequently;
21. any Dynabook accessories. In case of failure, please refer to the accessories terms and conditions;
22. non-Dynabook peripherals such as printers, scanners, etc. These may be covered under separate agreements. For more details please ask your Dynabook authorised reseller or service provider. Depending on the choice of operating system there might be only limited functionalities;
23. any errors or malfunction resulting out of the installation of an operating system.
- + Does the limited warranty cover software?
Software is not covered by the limited warranty.
- + Where can I download drivers or a user manual for my product
and obtain further support?
Please refer to the Technical Support Center section on the Dynabook website in your country for this kind of information and support.
- + Do I need to keep the sales receipt in order to receive
Yes, Dynabook, its authorised service resellers and service providers reserve the right to request a proof of purchase (e.g. paid and dated invoice from the authorised reseller) stating model and serial number before accepting any warranty claim. Claims will only be effective if made within the warranty period.
- + Do I need to back up my data?
You are responsible for saving (backing up) any programs, recovery media, data or removable storage media as well as for the restoration or reinstallation of any programs or data other than software installed by Dynabook when the system is manufactured. In relation to the system submitted for warranty services, Dynabook may opt to either (1) repair the system or (2) replace the system with a manufactured system of equal quality, and, thus, any data stored by you on your original system may become permanently inaccessible to you.
If your system was supplied with a recovery medium, please note that it is important to keep it in a safe place as you may not claim further recovery media and you are responsible for backing up the medium.
If your system was supplied with a system recovery option, it is important to copy the feature preinstalled on your hard disk to either a CD or DVD medium and keep it in a safe place. Please refer to the user manual for further information.
- + How can I obtain service?
Before contacting Dynabook, please:
- Check if your product is charged/connected to mains and switched on correctly;
- Reset the product to its original configuration by removing accessories and external connections;
- Consult the user’s manual for important tips on how to operate and troubleshoot your product;
- Note down product name, model number, serial number, hardware and software configuration and a description of the problem (e.g. error messages that appear on the screen). To obtain service, please contact the Dynabook Support Centre or your nearest authorised service provider.
- + What are customer replaceable units (CRU)?
Depending on the model, some parts (e.g. AC adapter) can be easily replaced by you. Those parts are defined as customer replaceable units (CRU parts). Dynabook may at its sole discretion decide to ship CRU parts to you. Upon receipt of the replacement part, the original part becomes the property of Dynabook. If requested by Dynabook, the original part has to be returned to Dynabook at Dynabook's expense. In the event that the original part is not received by Dynabook within fifteen (15) working days following receipt of the shipment instructions, you will be charged the retail value of the replacement part.
- + How long will it take to repair my product?
Dynabook makes every effort to have your product repaired as fast as possible.
- + What do I need to include when returning a product?
You will be required to deliver your Dynabook product including battery, power cord and AC adapter and arrange for its collection upon completion of repair. In case you get other instructions during the warranty claim process, please follow these. Furthermore, please make sure that your product is packed securely for shipment.
- + Are there any additional costs?
Dynabook is not liable for any transport, delivery or insurance costs, import duties, taxes, licensing fees and any charges from telephone/fax communications as consequence of the failure of the product. Should your standard warranty include a Pick-up & Return Service, the costs for repair/replacement, logistics and/or insurance will be covered by Dynabook. Additional costs may apply in case the damage of your product is not covered under the current warranty terms.